Monday, February 7, 2011

How I Know I'm Getting Old.

  • I feel accomplished if I get all my laundry washed and folded by Sunday night.
  • My meals are no longer frozen and actually require me to do more work than just pop them in the microwave.
  • My body naturally wakes me up at 7:00 a.m. on a weekend.
  • A good weekend can consist of nothing more than me and my husband sitting around the house and enjoying each other's company.
  • I read... for fun.
  • I actually have a budget, pay bills and make grocery lists. [scary].
  • One of my most exciting presents in the last six months was a vacuum cleaner. Yep, getting married will do that to you.
  • I have to DVR most of my favorite shows because I can barely stay awake to watch them. (This is new for me. I blame the 5 a.m. gym sessions).
  • Saturday mornings always start with a mission to make our home spotless.
  • I keep up with current events and watch the news every morning.
  • I have more work clothes than cute casual clothes.

    This list could probably go on and on. But I will spare you with the rest. It has been a crazy reality to see how much my interests and priorities are changing. But I love it. As much as we all complain about the "quarterlife crisis"; there really is no more exciting time in life.

    Stuart and I are growing so much as we continue to work towards our goals. While some of these things may seem boring and mundane, I can see God maturing us. He is strengthening us as a couple and preparing us for what is to come.

...You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness! ~ Matthew 25:21-22

1 comments:

Dip It In Chocolate said...

I totally laughed about the vacuum cleaner and the DVR necessity. It sounds like we are living parallel lives...

 

Taylor Owens | © 2010 Taylor Owens, All rights reserved