I was under an extremely tight budget this month, so the decorating was minimal but it was enough to make me smile and at the end of the day that is all that matters. Here is some Valentine's cheer from our home to yours.
Stuart was hoping now that Valentine's day will be over that we could dive into the giant jar of M&M's, but I let it be known that it will have to remain as decor through the rest of the month until I can begin decorating for spring.
Stuart and I were planning on a "no frills" Valentine's Day. I am more of a quality time girl, so I was plenty happy to just exchange some cards, enjoy some fine dining and call it a night. We even made an agreement that we weren't going to buy each other anything. So you can imagine my surprise when I get a phone call summoning me to the front desk where some beautiful roses and chocolate were waiting for me. I was really shocked.
Stuart and I were planning on a "no frills" Valentine's Day. I am more of a quality time girl, so I was plenty happy to just exchange some cards, enjoy some fine dining and call it a night. We even made an agreement that we weren't going to buy each other anything. So you can imagine my surprise when I get a phone call summoning me to the front desk where some beautiful roses and chocolate were waiting for me. I was really shocked.
I work in a department filled with nothing but women and apparently we take Valentine's day pretty seriously around here. Or maybe it's just any excuse for a party. In any case, I enjoyed a delicious spread of chicken salad and sweets galore. I knew I liked this holiday.
Stuart and I are having a nice dinner out tonight and I cannot wait! We have been waiting to try this restaurant for months. I am so lucky to have such a thoughtful and romantic husband. He's the best Valentine a girl could ask for! Happy Valentine's Day, everyone! You all are very loved.
1 comments:
haha, we are so alike. I also requested no flowers/chocolate for valentine's day. Of course Tim didn't listen. Men are so hilarious. Your dinner out sounds like it was absolutely yummy, and right now I'm wishing I worked with you based on that lunch plate...
Happy valentine's!
Post a Comment