So I finally joined a gym. I actually belonged before our wedding but I got so busy that I never actually made it there to work out. And since times were tight while saving up for our honeymoon, I decided to forfeit the gym membership. But here we are now, six months later and I am crawling back once again.
I immediately discovered that half the battle is motivating yourself to get off the couch and go get a gym membership. I wanted to sign up before my birthday because the joining fees are higher once you turn 25. So on January 11, I realized I had waited as long as I could and I drove myself down the street to the YMCA. When I arrived I noticed flashing lights and as I drove around to the back of the gym I saw the whole gym was being evacuated. That's when I realized the fire alarm was going off. Part of me wanted to bail as I wondered, could this be a sign that I should not join? But I decided to wait it out. Eventually I saw people going back upstairs and even though the fire alarm was STILL going off, I figured I should go ahead and ask if I could join. After all it would be $50 more if I waited. As it turned out, they waived the joining fee for the month of January, so it didn't matter when I joined, but I am still so glad that I did!
Stuart and I are slowly getting used to being grown-ups and waking up early. So we are hoping to start making early morning work-outs part of our regular weekday routine. Wish us luck!

0 comments:
Post a Comment