Sunday, March 28, 2010

March Madness

These past two month have been exciting, busy and eventful to say the least. Since I have already taken a two month pre-mature hiatus from my blog (yes, I am only finishing this incomplete post that I started writing in march in may), I figure I should probably run through some of the highlights.


I've always been one to complain about there never being enough hours in the day and having so much to do but never enough time to do it. But if I'm being honest, I wouldn't really have it any other way. I love exploring, experiencing everything and living life as an adventure.


With our wedding being a solid 37 days away, Stuart and I have been super busy but I have definitely been learning a lot in the process about our relationship, time management, budgeting all those fun things. More than anything I have seen God continuing to provide and work in my life. With wedding expenses knocking at my door everywhere I turn I have been financially stretched and am learning to make every penny count. I suppose that's part of growing up.


One night in March after spending an evening stressing and complaining to Stuart about how I was going to pay for my groceries, I drove home trying to convince myself that everything was going to be okay (but I wasn't really buying it). I parked my car in front of my apartment and as I got out of my car I saw a $100 bill just sitting there in front of my car. Some may call it sheer luck but I call it reassurance from God that He is looking out for me and that He is going to provide for both me and Stuart.
Most recently, I have spent just about every other weekend on the road traveling for the most part to and from Jacksonville but in March I drove to Charlotte for my dress fitting. My best friend, Tiffany, lives in Jacksonville so it has been really great to see her so often after living so far apart for the last two years. We decided to make it a girls weekend and take a road trip up to Charlotte for my dress fitting! The weekend was absolutely perfect. We went dress shopping, went out to eat, did some wine tasting and sat out by the fire at my parents house. Pretty much all of my favorite things in life! Here are some shots from the weekend (you'll have to forgive the lighting on some of these). 


Then Tiffany and I were heading back to Jacksonville when about half way through the trip we noticed the air conditioning went out. We were a little annoyed but pressed on down the interstate, fully in tote with our ipod and our amazing vocal skills. We finally reached Jacksonville and as soon as we hit the red light after the interstate, my car began shaking and completely stalled. As I tried to re-start it we could smell and even see smoke coming from the engine. Now, keep in mind my car is only 2 years old so I have NEVER had car trouble before. So what did we do? Call Dad of course! Then we called the dealership and the tow company. The tow truck comes zooming in (Tiff and I shrieked at the sheer speed as we held our breath, praying he was not going to hit my car- he didn't.. don't worry). Tiffany and I grab as much as we can possibly hold in our little arms and sadly watch my car being towed and driven away. So there we were. Standing in an abandoned car dealership lot, with our Vera Bradly bags in hand, ready to face the world. Thankfully Tiff's mom came to our rescue and took us out to dinner at our favorite restaurant, Sweet Tomatoes, right down the street. I don't think it was a coincidence my car broke down there! I am so thankful that we made it all the way to Jacksonville.


Of course because it was a Sunday evening all the dealerships were close. So I was stranded in Jacksonville, stressing about getting to work the next morning. I have absolutely no vacation days since I am using them all for the wedding. Within a moments notice, my fiance, Stuart, hopped in the car and headed to Jacksonville. I am so thankful for him and how he is always willing to be there for me within a moments notice. We switched cars around midnight and then I drove all the way back to Tallahassee so I could be at work at 8am the next morning.


Meanwhile, Stuart was stranded at the Mazda dealership without a car all day and managed to entertain himself at a nearby mall. After all that, my dad managed to talk the dealership into fixing my car for free! If that isn't a miracle.. I don't know what is!

0 comments:

 

Taylor Owens | © 2010 Taylor Owens, All rights reserved