Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Quarter Life



So this is it.


I have put off posting on my blog for months. There is something intimidating about a blank page. I have so much to tell but can't quite find the words to say. I have spent the last year and a half of my life searching for clarity, trying to figure out what it is I'm supposed to be doing in the "real world" and how can I make an impact. A year and a half later I still have no clue but I am excited about doing something big and finding out more about myself through the process.


Not to discredit 2009. It was a BIG year for me.


I packed up my bags and moved to Washington, D.C where I moved into a house in Georgetown with three strangers (who turned out to be amazing roomates), explored the streets of Washington, tried every single restaurant I could and went to work every single day for the United States Senate in our nation's beautiful capitol. Not a day went by that I was not blown away by where I was blessed to work and what amazing things I was able to experience all while conquering the post-college "quarter life crisis", which for the record- I really think they should teach prep classes for this your senior year of college!


Not to mention I started dating my best friend, learned what it meant to love (even when miles apart) and about 13 1/2 months later I got engaged. And now here I am living back in good ole Tallahassee, Florida.


Life is full of surprises!


You see, I crave adventure. I love new experiences, new places, meeting new people. What can I say, I'm a creature of habit. I have moved every 3-5 years of my life, and 9 of my 24 years were spent living in Europe (3 countries to be exact). So, needless to say I love change. When I was making my blog my fiance, Stuart, joked that I should title it "Anywhere but here" because no matter where I am and what I am doing I am always looking forward to the next step. I, on the other hand, felt "Road to Beautiful" was WAY more appropriate. Because even though I have no clue where life is going to take me, I know it is going to be filled with beautiful adventure. I have so much to learn about the world and myself. So stay tuned...
 

Taylor Owens | © 2010 Taylor Owens, All rights reserved