This message could not have been more timely in my life, as my family and I grieve the sudden loss of my aunt to our family. When I heard the news tears began to fall and at that exact moment it started pouring down rain outside. I couldn't help but feel comforted by the thought that God hears my cries and feels my pain. After a time, the rain stopped falling and I felt peace.
It is so easy to become disillusioned with the circumstances of our lives when we compare it to the lives of others around us. But as we enter the presence of God we receive a deeper peace and joy that transcends all understanding.
I'm thankful to know that I have a God who knows and loves me deeply. I am thankful for His promises and am so thankful for the coming of a new heaven and a new earth.
"Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."
Revelation 21:3-4
0 comments:
Post a Comment