Since so much has happened this month, I'm going to spend this week attempting to do a quick recap of all my April highlights.
At the beginning of April, I was fortunate to spend five days in New York City with my mom. We always love some quality "girl time" and this trip did not disappoint.
My mom was dog sitting for my brother and sister in-law while they were in Florida for a couple of weeks and I decided to join her for the first half of her stay. Luckily, I got to see Lauren and Harlan for a few hours before they departed.
And then we were left to watch these adorable dogs. They are half the reason I want a puppy so bad. Who could resist these faces?
We started our trip by getting acquainted with the neighborhood, so we strolled around the Upper East Side and did some shopping on 5th Avenue.
We stopped at Dylan's Candy Bar to browse around and check out all the Easter candy.
And after some shopping we ended our day at Serendipity with some frozen hot chocolate.
On our second day we did a little more shopping and strolling. Can you detect a trend?
While walking to a department store, we stopped by the World Trade Center and were impressed by the progress they've made since we were last here in September.
After some lunch we headed to SoHo and I insisted we check out the DASH store. The store was smaller than expected and a little over hyped but it was fun none the less!
We finished our evening having dinner at Brasserie Julien with one of my dearest friends from high school, Jess and her fiance Antonio. It was so wonderful to see them both and chatting with them warmed my heart with comfort. I don't get to see my high school friends often and I love having a chance to catch up!
Excuse the lighting... for whatever reason there was terrible reflection against the lights. But you get the picture. We had such a wonderful evening with Jess & Antonio and it was a great way to begin my trip in the city.



0 comments:
Post a Comment