Sunday, June 12, 2011

One Year Anniversary!


It's hard to believe that one year ago today I walked down the aisle to marry my best friend and began my new life as an Owens. June 12, 2010 was the greatest day of my life to date. Stuart and I were united as one as we made a lifelong commitment to each other. Looking back one year later, I realize how blessed I am to have him by my side each day. I could not have asked for a better husband. He is the most patient and loving man I know.



There is no greater joy than being surrounded by the ones you love most on your wedding day. Having moved around so many times in my life, it is rare that I get to see so many of my closest friends and family, and having them all together at one time is a memory I will always treasure.


Stuart and I were reflecting on how much has happened in our lives since that day. It has been such an exciting journey. Here are some of the highlights from our first year of marriage.
  • Our amazing honeymoon to Maui and Napa Valley.
  • We moved into our first apartment in Southwood.
  • Stuart went to Ireland for two weeks.
  • I was accepted into Grad School and began taking classes at FSU.
  • We went to New York City to celebrate both Harlan and Stuart's Birthdays!
  • We celebrated our first Thanksgiving in Tallahassee.
  • Went to the ACC Championship football game in Charlotte.
  • 6 months later we walked down the aisle again... as a bridesmaid and groomsman in Melissa & Caleb's Wedding!
  • We celebrated our first Christmas in Charlotte.
  • Stuart got accepted into Southern Baptist Theological Seminary.
  • Taylor & Stuart both quit their jobs in Tallahassee.
  • We moved to Louisville, Kentucky.
  • Stuart began his job at the YMCA.
  • Taylor is a professional job hunter/stay at home wife.
If the last year is any measure of what is to come, I believe we have an exciting life ahead of us and I could not be more excited!

Happy Anniversary to my amazing husband and best friend! I love you.

0 comments:

 

Taylor Owens | © 2010 Taylor Owens, All rights reserved