Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Blue Jay.

The Blue Jay is my affectionate name for my very first car, a 2001 blue Toyota Celica. I got her in 2003 when we first moved back to America. After living overseas for nine years of my life, where public transportation and cross walks are in abundance, the streets and highways of North Carolina were a little upsetting to a 17 year old girl without a license. Needless to say, my first car definitely meant freedom. I have so many fond memories with friends in this car. I took my first solo road trip up and down the east coast after graduation with my friend Diana. I packed up my car with almost my entire dorm room (she fits more than you'd think!) and drove down to Tallahassee for my first year of college. That freshman year, I was one of the few who actually had a car which meant we stuffed a lot of people into my car for a lot of fun times and exciting road trips. In January 2008, we finally retired the good ole blue jay and I so graciously acquired my “grown up car” since I was getting ready to graduate. For the next two years, the blue jay sat in my parent’s garage as my dad even found it hard to get rid of. After all, even HE loved reflecting on the memories of my first car. So I would always make sure she got some love and took her out for a spin when I was home over the holidays... you know just for old times sake!


Well have no fear ladies and gentlemen... the blue jay is back in action!  Stuart and I made the hard, but GOOD financial decision to sell his car while we get on our feet in the world as newlyweds. So in the mean time, we have the blue jay again! Stuart was a little apprehensive about being in such tight quarters, but I think deep down it is starting to grow on him.  Or maybe it’s just the fact that the gas is much cheaper compared to his gas guzzling Armada. Check out the old but new ride!


0 comments:

 

Taylor Owens | © 2010 Taylor Owens, All rights reserved